1. Policy statement
We have a legal duty to protect any personal data that we collect from you under the data protection legislation (GDPR). Mobility at Sea safeguards your personal data and maintains security standards to prevent any unauthorised access.
2. What do we use your information for?
We require personal data when you register on our website or offline, make a booking, respond to a survey, fill out a form or contact us.
The personal data we collect from you is necessary to enable us to arrange and provide services under contract for you. To do this, we may use your personal data in the following ways:
The purpose will be for:
- To carry out an assessment of needs prior to rental/ sale
- To send periodic newsletter via email
- To post marketing / catalogue
- To share details with a 3rd party company with consent, as a referral eg. oxygen or cruise provider
- to fulfil your booking, including:
- processing your booking;
- sending you booking confirmation;
- assessing your needs to determine suitable products or services;
- sending you requested product or service information;
- taking payment details
- administering your account;
- to notify you of any changes to your booking or our services;
- to allow us to consider your comments, questions, suggestions and respond if necessary; and
- to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our website terms and conditions and booking terms and conditions.
We will also process your personal data in pursuit of our legitimate interests to improve and promote our services:
- to administer competitions, promotions or surveys that you have entered, and notify you if you won;
- to personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs), including displaying content based upon your interests;
We may also be required to process your personal data to comply with our legal obligations under PECR & GDPR regulations.
Failure to provide your personal data when making a booking will mean that we will not be able to process your booking.
3. What information do we collect?
We may collect the following personal data from you through our website or over the phone/ in person:
- contact information, such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number;
- details of any interested third-party (carer, guardian, or representative or POA);
- billing information, such as credit card number and billing address;
- usage activity, about how you interact with us such as purchase history, and analytics of what content you viewed, and which areas of our website you visited;
- device information, such as your IP address, browser type, referring / exit pages, operating system, mobile device ID, device type, cookies and mobile service carrier;
- when applicable, information about your business, such as company name, company size and business type; and
- medical diagnosis, so that we can assess which products and/or services are suited to your needs and apply VAT exemption when applicable, weight and height.
4. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Acting as an equipment supplier, we may share your personal data onto any third-party, for example: cruise operator / travel company; as necessary to complete your booking.
Your personal data may be accessed by or given to our staff, contractors and agents who assist us or act on our behalf:
- to operate our website;
- to conduct our business including delivering services to you by courier;
- to provide hire equipment service from another location/ port (as instructed by you);
- to protect the rights, property and safety of Mobility at Sea, our customers or others, including for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, or responding to a government request;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case, we may disclose personal data held about our customers to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- in respect of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of Mobility at Sea's assets, in which case personal data held about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- as required by law to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions, service agreement or other agreement.
Your personal data, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Your personal data is held on our computer records and paper records in the [UK / EU].
Your personal data may be transferred outside of the EU for the purpose of
- fulfilling a booking from a non-EU port.
5. How do we protect your information?
The security of your personal data is important to us. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal data when you make a booking or enter, submit, or access your personal data.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied commercially sensitive / credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database only to be accessed by those authorised with special access rights to our systems who are required to keep the information confidential.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your personal data, both during transmission and once we receive it, against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted through our website, any transmission is at your own risk.
6. How long do we keep your information?
We will retain some of your information (medical condition etc) for as long as your account is active which is defined as the period leading up to and including the hire period and 90 days post hire as a minimum. We will retain all other information necessary to comply with our legal obligations, accounting and dispute resolution.
7. Third-party links on the Mobility at Sea Website
Any views or opinions along with special offers and promotions on external websites may not represent the product offering / opinion or special offers at Mobility at Sea or its associated brands.
8. Social Networks
We use social media networks (such as Facebook and Twitter) to help communicate how our services enable people to enjoy their cruises and to help promote our services. We sometimes share information such as messages, photos, and videos with others in our network.
9. Your rights
You have the following rights under the data protection legislation in relation to your personal data held by us:
- the right to request access to your personal data held by us;
- where any of the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, the right to request that such personal data is rectified;
- the right to request that we erase your personal data (subject to conditions); and
- the right to restrict and / or object to the processing of your personal data by us in certain circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us on email@example.com providing details of your request.
If you are dissatisfied with our data processing activities, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office at www.ico.org.uk
11. Terms and conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://www.mobilityatsea.co.uk/terms-and-conditions
This policy was last modified on 25 April 2018
- Complaint Handling Procedure – We take complaints about our work, equipment, staff and levels of service very seriously.
- Easy as 1-2-3 with Mobility at Sea – Our consultation and recommendation process (a timeline)
- Terms and Conditions – Equipment hire terms and conditions.
- Troubleshooting – Something not working as expected, then try some of these handy remedies.
- Website Terms of Service – Terms and conditions of the Mobility at Sea website.